[Nagiosplug-help] check_dhcp can't use $HOSTADDRESS$?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Mar 6 20:54:34 CET 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Greg Vickers wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am implementing the check_dhcp plugin on my Nagios installation have
> have noticed a strange idiosyncrasy:
>
> check_dhcp -s FQDN/(machine_name) - returns an OK state
> check_dhcp -s IP_ADDRESS - gives a DHCP problem (yes, i'm using the same
> IP as what the FQDN resolves to)
>
> Has anyone else noticed this or am I using an old version of check_dhcp?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

bash$ ./check_dhcp -s 192.168.0.4
DHCP ok: Received 1 DHCPOFFER(s), 1 of 1 requested servers responded, max
lease time = 18000 sec.
bash$ ./check_dhcp -s jersey.sghosh.org.
DHCP ok: Received 1 DHCPOFFER(s), max lease time = 18000 sec.
bash$ host jersey.sghosh.org
jersey.sghosh.org has address 192.168.0.4

Is the IP address correct?

There has only been one version of check_dhcp as far as I know.
--
-sg