[Nagiosplug-help] NAGIOS fails to start: could not find status log: /var/log/nagios/status.log

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Mar 9 09:59:04 CET 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> I run nagios 1.0 from the RPM on sourceforge. After my server rebooted due
> to a hardware fialure I can not get nagios back. If I restart nagios from
> the init.d script I get:

Stopping the service, removing the files, touching them and setting them
up for the proper owner I get as far as:

# service nagios stop
Stopping network monitor: nagios
/etc/init.d/nagios: line 66: kill: (6377) - No such process
# rm status.sav
rm: remove regular empty file `status.sav'? y
# touch status.log
# chown nagios.nagios status.log
# service nagios start
Starting network monitor: nagios
NAGIOS CRITICAL - could not find proc file: /proc/6424

I have now realy run out of ideas.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.