[Nagiosplug-help] Still having check_by_ssh problems

Zander Strachan Zander.Strachan at tq.com.au
Wed Mar 19 20:34:02 CET 2003

This is an old post.  Is there a solution to this as I am experiencing the same issue.

"

 I am still having the problem described below. The plugin is returning an exit code of 2
when it is run locally, but check_by_ssh is returning an exit code of 0. Does nobody else
have this problem? Perhaps I am overlooking something obvious.

 I have a number of things monitored by check_by_ssh. Even when the remote plugin exits with
an error code other than 0, nagios shows OK leading me to believe that check_by_ssh is
returning error code 0 regardless. I am using 1.3 beta 2 of the plugins and nagios 1.0. Why
is this happening and how do I fix it? Thanks.

 Here are two examples of checks that are returning OK when they shouldn't:

 # 'check_remote_mem' command definition
 define command{
         command_name    check_remote_mem
         command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -f -l sysadmin -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
"~/plugins/check_mem.pl -u -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$"
         }

 # 'check_remote_ps_proc' command definition
 define command{
         command_name    check_remote_ps_proc
         command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -f -l sysadmin -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
"~/plugins/check_psproc.pl $ARG1$ $ARG2$"
         }
"

Zander Strachan
Unix Systems Engineer