[Nagiosplug-help] Re: [Nagios-users] check_nagios and ps problem

Shawn McCool smccool at ascendantmedia.com
Thu Mar 27 11:04:13 CET 2003

If you edit your Makefile for the nagios plugins you can modify /bin/ps to
/bin/ps -ax to fix this problem.

Once you compile you can simply set your check_nagios' last arguement to
whatever
you see in ps -ax | grep nagios.  An example of mine is:

nagios_check_command=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nagios
/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log 5 './nagios -d ../etc/nagios.cfg'

> checking for ps... (cached) /bin/ps
> I'm running Suse 7.0
> I'm using Nagios-Plugins 1.3.0
>
> Can I modify my config script to make it say /bin/ps -ax  ?

Square,