[Nagiosplug-help] Check Services on a MS SQL Cluster

Matthias Eichler mylists at ame.de
Tue May 6 05:28:24 CEST 2003

On the other side I also would like to know if my Node 1 is down,
because if Node 2 goes doen afterwards, and you did not know that
Node 1 was down before that, you are in deep trouble and the whole
Cluster is really obsolete...

Matthias

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 13:41, Tom DE BLENDE wrote:
> Why don't you just check the SQL service on the virtual host name
> instead of the real node name? That's what I do.
>
> Or even better, use the check_mssql.sh script I've put up and will be
> published in the contrib one of these days. Then you will be making a
> SQL connection to the actual SQL server.
>

> Weber, Ralf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to check services on a MS SQL Cluster (W2K Advanced Server).
> > At the moment i check the sqlserver service on ervery cluster node, but
> > only one cluster node could be okay and the other is critical.
> > Is it possible to define dependencies of the services describes in the following
> > picture?
> >
> >   Node 1 ->  SQL Service OK    -> Node 2 -> No check of SQL Service needed, because no notification if service on node 2 is critical
> >
> >   Node 1 -> SQL Service Critical   -> Node 2 -> SQL Service must be checked and OK, else notify
> >
> > Is something like this possible?
> > Did someone something else and tell how?
> >
> > Please help!!
> >
> > Ralf Weber
> > mailto:ralf.weber at brd.nrw.de

> > ::: Please include plugins version (-v) and OS when reporting any issue.

Matthias Eichler <mylists at ame.de>
AME Aigner Media & Entertainment