[Nagiosplug-help] help w/ check_apc_ups.pl

mark mark at woodstream.net
Mon May 12 11:39:06 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to use check_apc_ups.pl from the contrib dir. I seem to be
having a problem with the code syntax and my version of Perl. I'm trying
this on FreeBSD 4.8 with Perl 5.00503. When I first try the script (#perl
check_apc_ups.pl) I get a message that is is too late to use the "-T"
option on line one. If I move those flags to the command line (#perl -wT
check_apc_ups.pl) I get the following:

mon1# perl -wT check_apc_ups.pl
Bareword "utils" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
check_apc_ups.pl line 16.
Unquoted string "utils" may clash with future reserved word at
check_apc_ups.pl line 16.
Bareword "pm" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at check_apc_ups.pl
line 16.
Unquoted string "pm" may clash with future reserved word at
check_apc_ups.pl line 16.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at check_apc_ups.pl line
16.
mon1#

Anyone have an idea what's up here and if it can be fixed without a
complete re-write?
I don't know much about Perl so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark