[Nagiosplug-help] (No output returned from plugin) ??

Daniel Rubio drubior at tinet.org
Thu May 15 03:11:03 CEST 2003

Hi!

I'm trying to check my postgres with check_pgsql, using nrpe, but I only
receive "(No output returned from plugin)", with the status OK, when
I'll have to receive "PGSQL: ok - database admin (0 sec.)"

The etc/services i s OK, the inetd.conf too, and the commands are ok (or
I'll receive some type of error, I think).

-Here my nrpe.cfg commands in the postgres host:
command[check_postgresA]=/apps/nagios/libexec/check_pgsql -d AA -l BB
command[check_postgresB]=/apps/nagios/libexec/check_pgsql -d AA -l BB -p
5433

-Here the srevice definition in the nagios host:

# Service definition
define service{
         use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

         host_name                       postgr
         service_description             PG_A
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           5
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  admins
         notification_interval           120
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            w,u,c,r
         check_command                   check_nrpe!check_postgresA
         }

-nrpe runs througth inetd
nrpe    stream  tcp     nowait  nobody  /usr/local/bin/tcpd
/apps/nagios/nrpe/nrpe -i /apps/nagios/nrpe/nrpe.cfg

-is in /etc/services
nrpe            5666/tcp                        # NRPE

-and in hosts.allow

What I'm doing wrong??

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio at oasi.org