[Nagiosplug-help] Problems with check_ping (nagios-plugins-1.3.0)

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed May 28 12:58:09 CEST 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Anas wrote:

> I have installed Nagios and NagiosPlugins. I have compiled
> the required PERL modules also. When I start Nagios, it
> does all other checks properly, but ping keeps failing.
>
> The status of the process is not available in the web
> interface. It is showing that Nagios is not running.

2 different problems.

1) check_ping fails

  Does check_ping work on the command line?
  If not: what is the syntax in use and the resulting error message?
  If yes: does the command line syntax match the syntax in the config
          file?

2) web shows Nagios not running

  In cgi.cfg look at the "nagios_check_command"
  Does that work? if not, you will need to modify the arguments to match
  the output of your system's "ps"

--

-sg