[Nagiosplug-help] check_game against Counter Strike Server version 1.5

melbs melbs at gomelby.com
Wed Nov 5 21:41:10 CET 2003

Hello,

I hope that someone has an answer to this, so here is goes.

Details:

I am running Mandrake 9.1 with Nagios 1.1 and I am having some troubles with
the check_game plugin.

My config:

Inside of "checkcommands.cfg" I created this command

# 'check_counter_strike' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_counter_strike
        command_line    $USER1$/check_game hls $HOSTADDRESS$ -p $ARG1$
        }

Inside of "services.cfg" I built this

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       CS-SERVER1
        service_description             Counter-Strike-27015
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command
check_counter_strike!192.168.154.20!-p!27015
        }

NOW.. When I am in the "libexec" directory I can type

./check_game hls 192.168.154.20 -p 27015

And I get this: "OK: 20/2 COR3 LAG FREE Dedicated 1.5 No AWPs West Coast
(de_aztec), Ping: 2 ms"

My problem is that when I start nagios and go to the web interface it tells
me that the service is down. FOR one split second it actually showed that
the service was up and displayed what the ./check_game command did on the
page. BUT, it only lasted for a second and ever since then I cannot get it
to show as up. The server is up! And people are playing on it ;-) So, that
can't be it. I have the latest version of qstat installed as well.. Ughh,, I
am stumped.. If anyone can lend a helping hand it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt