[Nagiosplug-help] check_http syntax

Jim Matthews jim.matthews at notes.duke.edu
Mon Nov 17 15:06:13 CET 2003

Hi

This command works from the command line:

# ./check_http -H testbox.duke.edu -u
"/search?q=skjellyfetti&client=collections_organizations&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=testing.xsl"

So I set up a command under checkcommands.cfg:

# 'check_http' with a specific URL
define command{
        command_name    check_http_url
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -u $ARG1$
        }

However, when I try and use this command in the services.cfg, it's never
successfull (I always get a HTTP 500 error).  I've tried the following
syntax:

check_command
check_http_url!testbox.duke.edu!/search?q=skjellyfetti&client=collections_organizations&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=testing.xsl
check_command
check_http_url!testbox.duke.edu!"/search?q=skjellyfetti&client=collections_organizations&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=testing.xsl"
check_command
check_http_url!testbox.duke.edu!'/search?q=skjellyfetti&client=collections_organizations&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=testing.xsl'

Is there another way I should be quoting my -u string?

Thanks.
Jim Matthews
ISS Systems Administrator
Duke University - Perkins Library