[Nagiosplug-help] Trouble with check_ifstatus

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Wed Nov 19 18:07:05 CET 2003

I'm having some trouble with check_ifstatus.  It seems to work most on
most of my hosts, but it fails on some (nearly identically configured)
of them.  If I do a deb snmp <blah> I can see that the plugin is
actually making it to the router successfully, and sending the right
community string, but it returns:

ERROR: No snmp response from <host_ip> (alarm timeout)

It could be timing out....I'm not sure.  Is that configurable somehow?
Or does anyone have any other ideas on what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Daryl G. Jurbala
BMPC Network Operations
Tel: +1 215 825 8401