[Nagiosplug-help] customising check_tcp

Ian Fraser ian at asm.org.uk
Tue Nov 25 05:04:06 CET 2003

Hi all,

 Can someone please tell me how to send unprintable characters with
check_tcp. Just as background let me explain a little, I have a bespoke
third party application that uses tcp to connect to a server service.
When I trace the network with ethereal, I see that the handshake that
goes on is mostly plaintext, but is seems to have the hex codes of 0a
and 0d on the end.

Many thanks for any advise

Ian Fraser

The information in this message and any attachment is intended for the
addressee and is confidential. If you are not that addressee, no action should
be taken in reliance on the information and you should please reply to this
message immediately to inform us of incorrect receipt and destroy this message
and any attachments.

Incoming and outgoing emails may be read by personnel other than the named
recipient or sender.

Whilst all reasonable efforts are made, ASM (UK) Ltd cannot guarantee that
emails and attachments are virus free or compatible with your systems. You
should make your own checks and ASM (UK) Ltd does not accept liability in
respect of viruses or computer problems experienced.