[Nagiosplug-help] newbie question: check-host-alive

Mike Arends MArends at Wanadoo.nl
Mon Sep 15 00:44:11 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I've got Nagios up-and-running. Looks good sofar and the configuration files in
nagios/etc seem logical enough, but....

I've configured some different type objects to monitor, server, pc, router,
etc. and check for existence and status of services running on these objects.
Works great.
When I try to monitor just for being alive I get no response when defining a
host with noi specific services to monitor. When I add a service to monitor the
ping for alive is executed.

Does anybody have an exmple of how to configure the hosts.cfg file only to
check if an object like aprinter is alive using ping?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

http://www.wanadoo.nl/