[Nagiosplug-help] check_hpjd dependencies help

Tom Luong tluong at responsys.com
Fri Sep 19 19:19:05 CEST 2003

Here's is what I'm currently running:

1.	Redhat 9.0 kernel version 2.4.20-20.9smp
2.	Nagios 1.1
3.	nagios-plugins-1.3.1-1
4.	nagios-plugins-extras-1.3.1-1

I can't get the check_hpjd working with Nagios or even on a command line.

./check_hpjd -H 10.5.2.102
Timeout: No response from 10.5.2.102

Here's the version:
./check_hpjd --version
check_hpjd (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.8.2.2

I scp'ed the check_hpjd to another Redhat box and was able to run it on the
command line fine.  I was able to obtained a check_hpjd ((nagios-plugins
1.3.0-beta2) 1.5) from my friend and was unable to run it on my server.
However, my check_hpjd runs on his server.  I don't have problems with any
other plugins.  Deducting from this, I figured that I am probably missing
some dependencies for check_hpjd.

Note: I installed nagios-plugins-extras-1.3.1-1 with no dependencies.  This
is because I queried the rpm package and it states this following:

"This package contains plugins which use additional libraries or system
calls that are not installed on all systems.  As a result, most users
will need to install the '--nodeps' option when invoking `rpm`"

The original failed dependencies I had when I tried to install it was:
Failed dependencies:
        libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by nagios-plugins-extras-1.3.1-1
        libpq.so.3 is needed by nagios-plugins-extras-1.3.1-1
        libradiusclient.so.0 is needed by nagios-plugins-extras-1.3.1-1

The above dependencies have to do with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and
RadiusClientSofware.  I figured I didn't need these that is why I went ahead
with the install of the plugins without dependencies.

Any help or ideas to tackle this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom