[Nagiosplug-help] check_disk Percentage?

Jim Matthews jim.matthews at notes.duke.edu
Thu Apr 1 11:04:01 CEST 2004

Hi

How do I use check_disk to monitor the percentage of disk space?  The
--help shows that the value can either be a percentage or an integer.  How
do you differentiate?

check_disk (nagios-plugins 1.3.0) 1.7
Usage: check_disk -w limit -c limit [-p path | -x device] [-t timeout]
[-m] [-e] [--verbose]
       check_disk (-h|--help)
       check_disk (-V|--version)

 -w, --warning=INTEGER
   Exit with WARNING status if less than INTEGER kilobytes of disk are
free
 -w, --warning=PERCENT%
   Exit with WARNING status if less than PERCENT of disk space is free
 -c, --critical=INTEGER
   Exit with CRITICAL status if less than INTEGER kilobytes of disk are
free
 -c, --critical=PERCENT%
   Exit with CRITCAL status if less than PERCENT of disk space is free

Here's my system:
 % df -k
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0    5038454 4236683  751387    85%    /

% ./check_disk -w 20 -c 10 /
DISK OK [752116 kB (15%) free on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0]

Shouldn't that command generate a warning as I have less than 20% free?

Thanks.
Jim Matthews
ISS Systems Administrator
Duke University - Perkins Library