[Nagiosplug-help] how to use pgsql & radius plugins

Alexander Apathy alexander.apathy+nagiosplug at osiris.at
Wed Apr 7 04:47:30 CEST 2004

I have just set up monitoring for 30 services on 10 hosts using Nagios.
I am running Debian Sarge:

> pulse:~# dpkg -l nagios* | grep ii
> ii  nagios-plugins 1.3.1.0-4      Plugins for the nagios network monitoring an
> ii  nagios-text    1.2-3.1        A host/service/network monitoring and manage

Everything was straight forward except for the pgsql and the radius
plugins. Has someone a sample config for me to get it work, please.
Where else do I have to configure parameters regarding plugins beside
checkcommands.cfg? Both pgsql and radius are running on seperate hosts.
If I run check_pgsql from cli, I get the following message:

> pulse:/usr/lib/nagios/plugins# ./check_pgsql 192.168.0.6 5432 all
> PGSQL: CRITICAL - no connection to 'template1' (could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>         Is the server running locally and accepting
>         connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> ).

TIA,
Alexander