[Nagiosplug-help] statically compile for rpm creation

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Apr 7 14:04:17 CEST 2004

Pedro Canahuati wrote:
> Hrm.
> While your commenting solution would solve my primary compilation
> problem, it won't get rid of the others.  Isn't there some way to
> compile the executables statically?  While they may be a bit bloated, it
> would allow me to use them on any server.
> I guess I should have included all the errors, I just didn't want to
> clutter the e-mail with a bunch of lines, but here they are:

It seems that kerberos wasn't compiled statically.
Get a system and build it from scratch. Then you get absolute control of
what's installed and what's not. Just make sure you have the same kernel
minor version on the compilation system as you do on the target system,
or some syscalls might fail.

--
Mvh
Andreas Ericsson