[Nagiosplug-help] check_disk_smb compatibility with Windows 2003 SMB Signing?

Kevin Krawez Kevin_Krawez at Phoenix.com
Tue Apr 27 12:03:08 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have been using Nagios and various Nagios plugins for sometime now. I recently upgraded one of my many domain controller in my infrastructure to Windows 2003 server. I generally perform check_disk_smb checks on the netlogon and sysvol shares to determine if my domain controller is sick or not functioning properly.

Shortly after I upgraded my domain controller Nagios's plugin check_disk_smb was no longer able to connect to any SMB share on the server. I attribute this to SMB signing under Windows 2003 and its inability to operate with Windows 95, 98 and NT pre-SP3 clients. I assume this plugin is performing an old SMB authentication hand shake on a network share. I have verified this is not an account access rights issue. The error I receive is below:

Command executed:
./check_disk_smb -H scl-util -s netlogon -W MYDOMAIN -u authenticated_account -p mypassword

Error message:
"Result from smbclient not suitable"

In assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Kevin