[Nagiosplug-help] check_disk_smb compatibility with Windows2003SMB Signing?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Apr 28 20:56:00 CEST 2004

Hi Kevin

If you have Samba 3.0.2 or later running  - smbclient supports SMB/CIFS
signing and therefore check_disk_smb works fine W2k3 domain shares

The only patch needed is to redirect the STDERR of smbclient so the
domain,OS and version info is discarded.

On linux 2.6 kernels this works fine, 2.4 kernels need the CIFS VFS
patch.  Not supported on other unices.

-sg