[Nagiosplug-help] Connection refused by host on check_load plugin

Jim nagios at nachlin.com
Thu Apr 29 14:42:07 CEST 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 04:57 pm, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Jim wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > Can anyone think of a reason why the check_load plugin would give a
> > message "Connection refused by host" when used with nrpe?  This same
> > plugin works when run from the command line with the same command as is
> > in the nrpe.cfg:
> >
> > [root at db02 nagios]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_load -w 15,10,5 -c
> > 30,25,20
> > OK - load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00|load1=0;15;30;0 load5=0;10;25;0
> > load15=0;5;20;0
> >
> > Also, check_disk on this same machine is working when checked via nrpe.
> >
> > This is Fedora Core 1, using nrpe 2.0, specific plugin is check_load
> > (nagios-plugins 1.4.0alpha1) 1.14.
> >
> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > Jim
>
> Do you have the correct IP address specified in nrpe.cfg for Nagios server
>
> does "check_nrpe -H host" return the nrpe version number for nrped ?

Yes, on the client the nrpe.cfg is pointing to the nagios server.  And also
the check_nrpe command on the nagios server is returning the correct version
number of the client.  (Thanks for that useful command, by the way.)

I realize that this is an alpha version of this plugin.  Maybe that's the
problem.  Should I be using the slightly earlier version (1.3.1)?  Does
anyone have experience with this?  I know it's usually considered foolish to
complain too much when the alpha has problems.  That's why it's called alpha.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jim