[Nagiosplug-help] Re: check_ssh

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Wed Aug 11 06:05:07 CEST 2004

> no nagios won't.

*shrug*  Mine does.  If my keys get borked for some reason, it goes into
a WARNING state and I get alerted.

Here is one of the checks I run:

# 'check_disk_remote' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_disk_remote
        command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ \
           -l nagios -C '/home/nagios/libexec/check_disk \
           -p $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$'
        }

(wrapped for this email)

Here is one of the service definitions that uses it:

# Service definition
define service{
        host_name                       hostname
        service_description             /backups
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              6
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_interval           480
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command
check_disk_remote!/backups!1024000!512000
        }

(once again wrapped for the email)

And here is the service going into a WARNING state after I clobbered
the DSA key on purpose:

Aug 11 07:57:48 nagioshost nagios: SERVICE ALERT:
hostname;/backups;WARNING;SOFT;1;Permission denied, please try again.

Is this not what you're wanting it to do?  Ie, if the keys get removed
or whatever, you get alerted for it?  My installations do exactly that.

Benny

--
"Horrible pain!  I made sounds like a dolphin giving birth."
                                                  -- Mr. Corman, "Scrubs"