[Nagiosplug-help] sporadic check_nrpe error

Tyson Harker THarker at Symitar.com
Thu Aug 26 09:30:16 CEST 2004

Nagios is up and monitoring except after about 12 refreshes of the
screen my nrpe sessions all get the following error:

Incorrect command line arguments supplied

After a couple of more refreshes of the page, the nrpe sessions all
return to normal.  I am running Nagios v1.2 with Red Hat 9.0 and have
tried to use both NRPE v2.0 and v1.5 and receive the same error with
both.  I have tried posted suggestions of removing/adding the -H under
checkcommands.cfg and this has not effected anything either way.  Has
anyone else seen this?  I will mention that the nrpe requests have to go
through a firewall that has opened up port 5666.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete all copies.