[Nagiosplug-help] Re: check_icmp 0.8.1 compiling Under Solaris 8

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Wed Dec 22 09:33:11 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 18:05 +0100, Horváth Tamás wrote:
> Hi List!
>
> Thank you your answers, but this problem is not solved.
>
> To Andreas: There is no files which has all of the required attributes
> (inet_addr, getprotobyname, etc.). I found some of them in some files, for
> example in Netscape, or in OpenView install files. But I think this is not a
> good source for check_icmp. Is this correct?
>
> To: Dan Stromberg: Sorry, but I can' know how to use "-lnsl -lsocket".
> Please give me a little more help.
>

> Sorry for bothering you. This was the last time. I promise.

No worries.  That's what the list is for, IMO.

Please follow these steps:

1) Run your "make" command.

2) Find the last gcc command - the one that's giving unresolved
externals

3) Cut and paste that command as though you were about to rerun it

4) Instead of hitting enter on that command immediately, at the end add
"-lnsl -lsocket".

5) -then- hit enter

Usually this will take care of the sort of unresolved externals you've
mentioned above.  Other unresolved externals require other -l's.