[Nagiosplug-help] No output returned from plugin !!

Daniel Rubio drubior at tinet.org
Wed Feb 4 06:05:06 CET 2004

Hi all!!

The subject is the message i receive from a request to an execution of
check_pgsql ( but i tried with others and happens the same) via nrpe in
one of our hosts...

The local plugins works fine, and no strange messages in logs ( nagios
server and client host).

The firewall ports are open (previously server and host was in the same
subnet and the problem exists ) ... and I don't know what to do :_(

Here is the info in hosts.cfg:

# 'db.aaa' host definition
define host{
         use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

         host_name               db.aaa.org
         alias                   db.aaa.org
         address                 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
         parents                 fwall
         check_command           check-alive
         max_check_attempts      10
         notification_interval   120
         notification_period     24x7
         notification_options    d,u,r
         }

Here the info in services.cfg

# Service definition
define service{
         use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

         host_name                       db.aaa.org
         service_description             PG_AAA
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           5
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  admins
         notification_interval           120
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            w,u,c,r
         check_command                   check_nrpe!check_postgres
         }

And the command in the client host to make the check

command[check_postgres]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_pgsql.sh -d test
-l admin -P 5433

I can execute the command with the wanted results via shell, and i have
the same service being checked in other machine very similar (I had the
same problem with this one year ago, but unfortunately i don't remember
how I solved it)

I don't use SSL ... and don't know where to look to to find the fucking
problem ...

Any idea??

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio at oasi.org