[Nagiosplug-help] Re: CRC32 error

Maury Hammel mhammel at cronustech.com
Fri Feb 6 14:18:09 CET 2004

 > I'm trying to run a nrpe check on a host, but It can't be executed,
 > because thre's this error (/var/adm/messages)
 >
 > Feb  6 10:42:42 xxx.org nrpe[2751]: [ID 261363 daemon.error] Error:
 > Request packet had invalid CRC32.
 > Feb  6 10:42:42 xxx.org nrpe[2751]: [ID 900267 daemon.error] Client
 > request was invalid, bailing out...
 >
 > The system runs Solaris 8, and nrpe 2.0 ... ¿Some idea?

I was getting a similar error with a plugin I was developing, and determined
that it was caused because the process on the remote host did not have access
  to a file.

The plugin I'm writing is a perl script and it attempts to locate a file
using the command `/bin/ls -t /somedir/somesubdir/somefile-\*.log`.  The
username that nagios runs under on the remote host did not have access to
'somesubdir'.  Giving the process access to the directory cleared up the problem.

Maury...
--

Maury Hammel
Cronus Technologies Inc.