[Nagiosplug-help] Oracle Plugin

Moss, Patricia pmoss at fcg.com
Wed Feb 11 09:58:58 CET 2004

I'm trying to utilize the check_oracle_instance.pl plugin with Nagios.
When Nagios runs the check, it doesn't know how to interpret the output.

Here is the output when I run from the command line.  I get the same
output in Nagios, but Nagios doesn't know what to do with the
<connectstring>

$ ../nagios/libexec/check_oracle_instance.pl -u system -p ad0l0r1 -c
adolor_prod

adolor_prod: ok. Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 -
Production

I'm running Linux, version 2.4.9-e.3

Here is the version of the plugin:

[nagios at palinux01 nagios-plugins-1.3.1]$
../nagios/libexec/check_oracle_instance

.pl -V

The netsaint plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may
redistribute

copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

Copyright (c) 2002 Sven Dolderer

 check_oracle_instance.pl 1.1

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Pati Moss

Unix Systems Administrator

First Consulting Group, Inc.

http://www.fcg.com <http://www.fcg.com>