[Nagiosplug-help] Newbie - check_http question

Mark.Barnes at FT.com Mark.Barnes at FT.com
Wed Jul 28 06:20:07 CEST 2004

Folks,
Relatively new to nagios and  a little confused by the -s ( or -r/R) flags.
I understood they pattern matched a string from the content of a page.
However they appear to return a status of ok regardless of the string I
enter
Please see bellow

bash-2.03# ./check_http -I <IPADDRESS> -s "Ratings"
HTTP ok: HTTP/1.1 302 Found -   0.033 second response time |time=  0.033
bash-2.03# ./check_http -I  <IPADDRESS> -s "thisstringdoesnotexist"
HTTP ok: HTTP/1.1 302 Found -   0.031 second response time |time=  0.031
bash-2.03#

Am I being spectacularly dim here or is this a bug ?
version is ...

bash-2.03# ./check_http -V
check_http (nagios-plugins 1.3.0) 1.24
The nagios plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may redistribute
copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
bash-2.03#

cheers

 Mark Barnes
 Unix System Administrator

This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies.