[Nagiosplug-help] add plugin to libexec?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Jun 14 04:39:10 CEST 2004

serwah sabet ghadam wrote:
> I have downloaded a plugin,
>  check_cpuload for example.
> I don't know how should I put it in
> the /libexec directory to be used as
> other plugins?
>
> The file that I have downloaded is a text file (check_cpuload.txt)
> another one is (check_sensors.pl).

Sirwah, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but unless you get at least
a basic understanding of how scripts and executables work under unix, it
will be near impossible to explain any of this to you.

I suggest you get comfortable with a text-editor (vi is very popular, as
well as emacs and any of its clones), a text-viewer ('more' or 'less'
should be available - 'less' is preferrable) and the 'man' and 'info'
commands. Then you should read up on what makes unix tick, because until
you do, you'll be asking half a dozen questions here every day, and
finally people will get tired of answering how 'ls', 'chmod' and other
kindergarten level things work.

Still, I don't mean to be rude, but you need to learn how to crawl
before you can start walking.

--
Andreas Ericsson
OP5 AB