[Nagiosplug-help] Pushing Nagios plugins over ssh

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Jun 30 08:37:04 CEST 2004

Jeff Smelser wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 June 2004 02:08 am, Jacob Joseph wrote:
>
>>Hi all.  I have created a bit of infrastructure to aid in pushing nagios
>>plugins to remote machines with nothing more than an ssh connection.
>>nrpe and nsca became too much of a hassle to maintain across many client
>>machines.  This solution allows centralize configuration and a very
>>light installation on the clients.  Due to our range of architectures,
>>I've also rewritten the plugins we need in python so as to be able to
>>run without recompilation.
>

> Hows this different then check_by_ssh?

I think he's referring to a way of installing the plugins on a remote
host. It's quite trivial to script it and why he rewrote the plugins in
the not-so-common Python instead of running the configuration script and
installing everything by automagicness is a bit beyond me.

--
Andreas Ericsson
OP5 AB
andreas.ericsson at op5.se