[Nagiosplug-help] check_udp and dhcp

Chad Darnielle cdarn at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 13 09:29:06 CET 2004

Does anyone have experience with using the check_udp plugin to verify a dhcp server is working? I want to configure the plugin so it would inquire udp port 67 on the dhcp server and determine if the port is listening. Because of other requirement I cannot use the check_dhcp plugin or load sometime client-side  (i.e. nsclient) on the actual server. I want to emulate what nmap is doing, but I'm not sure exactly what to send to the port to get a response.

Anyone tried anything like this before?

Chad