[Nagiosplug-help] check_ifstatus - "unused" (exclude) problem -SNMP

christian janssen proftp_cj at kdd.de
Wed Mar 17 11:29:20 CET 2004

Hi Subhendu,

>Looking at the above output - it does capture 1 unused port as a result of
>-u
>
>Can you try doing an snmpwalk on ifName see if there is more than one
>"E1 6/0"

Groovy, perfect idea !! - Solved -
Seems I was really confused, (maybe ask another router ?? ;-()

mib.31.1.1.1.1.22="E1 6/0"
ifDescr.22="E1 6/0"

./check_ifstatus -H x.x.x.x -C public -u 22 -I
OK: host 'x.x.x.x', interfaces up: 11, down: 0, dormant: 0, excluded: 0,
unused: 1 |up:11,down:0,dormant:0,excluded:0,unused:1

Thank you very much, I learned many during last days

best regards
Christian