[Nagiosplug-help] why NRPE can't run whit root user ?

LEBRETON Philippe philippe.lebreton at cti-paysloire.cnamts.fr
Mon Mar 22 05:50:10 CET 2004

Darren Graham a écrit:

 >Off the top of head (cannot refer to my NAGIOS system right now)
 >
 >When you say impossible, can't you start the nrpe server while logged
in as
 >root?
 >make the binary owned by root?
 >
 >What error messages are you getting.
 >
 >Darren

In the NREP 2.0 documentation, file SECURITY, he say :
USER/GROUP RESTRICTIONS

The NRPE daemon cannot be run with (effective) root user/group
privileges.  You must run the daemon with an account that does
not have superuser rights.  Use the nrpe_user and nrpe_group
directives in the config file to specify which user/group the
daemon should run as.

I want not modify the source of NRPE, but i want exec a pluging with
root rights.
How i can make this?

Thanks