[Nagiosplug-help] Using check_by_ssh and the ssh_disk command

DeBekker, Alan Alan_DeBekker at platts.com
Tue May 4 07:41:01 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to use the check_by _ssh plugin to check disk space on a
server.  In the command.cfg file there is a command named ssh_disk, I am
trying to use this example to check the /var directory.

Here is the entry in the command .cfg file:

command[ssh_disk]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$
-C '/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w 85% -c 95% -p $ARG1$'

Here is the entry form the services.cfg file:

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       nypptd.platts.mcgraw-hill.com
        service_description             /var
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  oracle11i-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   ssh_disk!/var
        }

Here is the entry from the checkcommands.cfg file:
# 'check_by_ssh' DISK command definition
define command{
        command_name    ssh_disk
        command_line    $USER1$/ssh_disk $ARG1$
        }

After making these entries and restarting Nagios I get the (Return code
of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing) error.
Please let me know if I am doing something wronge.  I am new to Nagios
so that is probably the case.  I would appreciated any help you can give
me.
Thank you,
Alan DeBekker
Platts Technology