[Nagiosplug-help] check_traffic on teamed compaq cards

joerg.helmert at aracomp.de joerg.helmert at aracomp.de
Mon May 10 06:10:09 CEST 2004

Hi Lars,

>From cacti I get:
For Windows Server
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2'
+ Found item [ifDescr='MS TCP Loopback interface']
               index: 1 [from value]
+ Found item [ifDescr='Network Teaming Intermediate Driver
       (NTID)'] index: 16777219 [from value]

For a Linux Server
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2'
+ Found item [ifDescr='lo'] index: 1 [from value]
+ Found item [ifDescr='bond0'] index: 2 [from value]

Both are Compaq servers with "HP approved NIC Teaming"...
Windows machine is showing an unusual very high index.
Maybe because it is a virtual interface.

.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2
.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.
           ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr
is in the standard tree.

I looked at the windows machine with a mibbrowser called getif.
It shows type octetstring for ifDescr values.
I get
"4E6574776F726B205465616D696E6720
496E7465726D65646961746520447269
76657220284E5449442900"
with that tool.
Maybe that is why you didn't find it?
Decoding bytewise from Hex to ASCII should give the right name.

.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.
        ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.16777219
shows 3617751234 for the windows machine.
So I can read standard values for that interface.

Hope that helped...

Bye,

Joerg