[Nagiosplug-help] check_ping problem

Brian Bemis brian_bemis at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:08:09 CET 2004

I've been having a problem that when a host goes down, Nagios doesn't
terminate the ping command when checking that host using the check_ping
plugin. So essentially, if that host stays down for an extended period of
time, the number of ping processes continue to increase every time the
checks are run on that host. Also, once that host comes back up, the
previous ping processes continue to run and do not exit. I'm sure it's
something stupid I am missing, but does anyone have advice on how to
troubleshoot this? I'm running SuSE 8 with the most current version of
Nagios & plugins. Thanks in advance for any help.