[Nagiosplug-help] mailq

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Mon Nov 15 12:36:01 CET 2004

>> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_mailq -w 1 -c 2
>> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
>> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_mailq line 110.
>> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
>> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_mailq line 110.
>> | mailq =
>> Use of uninitialized value in exit at
>> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_mailq line 111.

I had the same problems with the 1.3 Version, you should try the version
in the 1.4alpha package. Seems as if Perfdata support is broken.
If you use the check_mailq of 1.4 you may need to change the lib path
(use lib ...) if you installed it in a directory other than
/usr/local/nagios/libexec

>> Then i used a check_mailq optimized for postfix :
>> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_mailq -w 1 -c 2 -M postfix
>> MAILQ OK - mailq reports queue is empty mailq=0
>>
>> So this is good right.
>>
>> but nagios gives CHECK_NRPE: Error receiving data from daemon.
>> in the var/log nagios: SERVICE ALERT: anubis;Mail
>> Queue;UNKNOWN;HARD;5;CHECK_NRPE: Error receiving data from daemon.

NRPE is working?
./check_nrpe -H YOURHOST -c check_disk
ok?
./check_nrpe -H YOURHOST -c check_mailq
ok?

>> where have i gone wrong ?
Try the other check_mailq, test if nrpe is proper configured.

Jan