[Nagiosplug-help] check_users

martinus.nel at scarceskills.com martinus.nel at scarceskills.com
Thu Oct 14 02:40:54 CEST 2004

Andreas,

I would not dream of submitting patches, I can't code to save my life :-)

But, I do agree with you, the help text should change, not the logic.

This is very quick and simple to fix, so if some one reads this that has the
proper rights on cvs, please fix this.

Martinus.

Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:
>martinus.nel at scarceskills.com wrote:
>> Harper,
>>
>> Here is what happens when I am logged in with 3 or 4 users:
>>
>> ---
>>
>> # w
>>  08:32:00  up 9 days, 23:00,  3 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.15, 0.10
>> USER     TTY      FROM              LOGIN@   IDLE   JCPU   PCPU  WHAT
>> root     pts/0    xxxxxxxxxxxxx    Tue11am  8.00s  5.03s  3.47s  -bash
>> root     pts/1    xxxxxxxxxxxxx    Tue 1pm 16:11m  1.18s  0.83s  ssh
>> root     pts/2    xxxxxxxxxxxxx    Wed 2pm  0.00s  1.49s  1.47s  -bash
>> # /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_users -w 3 -c 4
>> USERS WARNING - 3 users currently logged in
>> # /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_users -w 4 -c 5
>> USERS OK - 3 users currently logged in
>>

>> ---
>> So, it's not 'more than' ?
>>

>No. Adjust accordingly, or supply a patch to fix the help output. It
>shouldn't be very difficult. Please don't alter the logic. A lot of
>people have set their threshold according to actual functionality, so
>fixing the text is quite obviously the preferred approach.
>
>--
>Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
>OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
>Lead Developer

>::: Please include plugins version (-v) and OS when reporting any issue.
>::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to /dev/null

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may also be a
privileged communication. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended addressee of the message you
must take no action based on it. Please reply to this message to let us
know you received it in error and also delete the message from your system.
Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure and you should be mindful of
this when e-mailing us.

The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses
which could damage your own computer system. Whilst we have taken every
carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.