[Nagiosplug-help] Contrib plugin

DKatz at solarcom.com DKatz at solarcom.com
Thu Oct 14 07:00:57 CEST 2004

When I was working on check_snmp, I used the install directory.  There is a
makefile for the whole thing which you used when you first compiled.
Makefile with no switches will automatically only compile source code that
is new.  If a binary is current, then it leaves it alone.

I also used 'make install' to put the new binary into the pathed directory.
I was on a development system so there was no interference with production.

It was fast enough that I could repeatedly re-compile my one binary without
waiting very long.

I kept two windows open so I could edit in one window and compile in the
other.  Saves changing directories frequently.

Doug Katz
Solarcom, LLC

             Andreas Ericsson
             <ae at op5.se>
             nagiosplug-help-a         nagiosplug-help at lists.sourceforge.n
             dmin at lists.source         et
             forge.net                                                  cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/14/2004 04:31          Re: [Nagiosplug-help] Contrib
             AM                        plugin

CGD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I do to compile the contrib plugins (like check_uptime) ?
> There is no makefile in this directory.

man gcc

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer