[Nagiosplug-help] syntax question check_nrpe & check_disk

Frederik Vanhee frederik.vanhee at perso.be
Fri Sep 3 02:05:01 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've been configuring nagios for a while and now I want to do some checks,
using NRPE.
I want to monitor the disk space of machineA from the monitoring nagios
machineB

machine A, nrpe.cfg :
command[check_disk]=/opt/nrpe/check_disk -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$

machine B (nagios server), from the command line:
check_nrpe -H machineA -p 5666 -t 60 -n -c 'check_disk!20%!10%'

this works, because I put quotes around the check_disk command
But now, I want it to work in Nagios, so I configure the check_commands.cfg
and the services.cfg file

check_commands.cfg
# 'check_nrpe' command definition
define command{
command_name check_nrpe
command_line /opt/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H machineA -p 5666 -t 60 -n -c
$ARG1$
}

services.cfg

# Service definition
define service{
check_command check_nrpe!'check_disk!20%!10%'
}

But this doesn't work, I get 'no output' in Nagios. Can somebody tell me how
to write the command in services.cfg to obtain a good result. In other words
: how can I pass 'check_disk!20%!10%' to $ARG1$