[Nagiosplug-help] Using check_http plugin behind the firewall

Risto Vaarandi risto.vaarandi at eyp.ee
Wed Sep 15 03:08:06 CEST 2004

Rahul Misra wrote:

> Risto, you might wanna try the -S option with check_http and see if it meets
> your requirements. The SSL is brought into the picture when you use it.

On the second commandline I have used the --ssl option (see below) which
is a synonym for -S, yet it didn't work. Is it really not possible to
handle the problem with some clever options of check_http? It is quite
common for the monitoring server to be located behind a firewall/proxy,
and the https-webservers you wish to monitor in the public Internet.
br,
risto