[Nagiosplug-help] plugins that integrate with rrdtool

atonns at mail.ivillage.com atonns at mail.ivillage.com
Wed Sep 15 07:51:19 CEST 2004

Nagios Community:

I'm about to migrate my Nagios 1.2 server to a new machine (more hosts means
needing more power). As my old install has been running for close to a year
and a half - what's the latest status of plugins that integrate with
rrdtool? Specifically, I'm looking for ones that also support SNMPv3. Last
time I implemented, SNMPv3 was implement only a day or two before I rolled
out.

Currently, 95% of the plugins I'm using are custom coded. I've started to
integrate a few of them with rrdtool to determine problems over a period of
time (ie: interface error rate over the last X hours). I'd like to have them
all integrate with rrdtool (similar to cricket) so that I only have to read
the metric once and be able to use it for a) generating alerts b) storing
data to graph trends c) alert based on automated trend analysis.

Thanks,
Tony

--
"Replicants are like any other machine, they're either a benefit or
a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem." -- Deckard
Anthony Tonns, UNIX Administrator - atonns at mail.ivillage.com
iVillage Inc., 500 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10018 -  iVillage Inc. is a
leading women's media company that includes iVillage.com, Women.com,
gURL.com, Astrology.com, Promotions.com, iVillage Parenting Network, The
Newborn Channel, Lamaze Publishing, Business Women's Network, Diversity Best
Practices, Best Practices in Corporate Communications, and iVillage
Consulting.  The information contained in this communication may be
confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and
may be construed under applicable law to be a commercial email.  If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this message from your
computer system.  If you are the recipient named above and do not wish to
receive any future commercial emails, please reply to the sender with a
message stating such preference.