[Nagiosplug-help] check_snmp is always 'warning' for me, also.

DKatz at solarcom.com DKatz at solarcom.com
Wed Sep 29 06:04:56 CEST 2004

Same thing.  I tried many combinations of limits.  I started with '-w 0:75
-c 0:85.'   but tried all sorts of patterns including reversing the min max
and strange patterns that go against the expected logic.  The critical
level worked like the documentation says.

If the values do not overlap, such as: '-w 0:74 -c 75:100' then if the
return is 1, then you would flagged as CRITICAL because it would be outside
the Critical range.

One thing I did notice, when the values should have been outside the
warning range, and the return should be WARNING, the value returned from
the SNMP call had asterisks preceding and following the value.

For example: 'SNMP   WARNING  -  *10*'

I also checked the return value when the result should have been OK.  It
was 1.  However, no asterisks.

Doug Katz
Solarcom, LLC.

             "Harper Mann"
             <hmann at itgroundwo
             rk.com>                                                    To
                                       <DKatz at solarcom.com>,
             09/28/2004 06:50          <nagiosplug-help at lists.sourceforge.
             PM                        net>
                                                                        cc

             <hmann at itgroundwo         RE: [Nagiosplug-help] check_snmp is
                  rk.com>              always 'warning' for me, also.

What happens if the warning and critical ranges don't overlap?

- Harper

Harper Mann
Groundwork Open Source Solutions
510-599-2075 (cell)