[Nagiosplug-help] NSCA $OUTPUT$

Justin Kulikowski jpk236 at jpk236.com
Wed Apr 27 15:40:32 CEST 2005

I finally got Nagios 2.0.b3 and NSCA 2.4 setup and configured to
 handle 1 central server and 3 distributed servers.  Everything
 appears to be working great, except the central server is not getting
 anything for the $OUTPUT$ value.

Here is the line in my checkcommands.cfg on my distributed servers:

define command{

        command_name    submit_check_result

        command_line    $USER2$/submit_check_result $HOSTNAME$ '$SERVICED
ESC$' $SERVICESTATE$ '$OUTPUT$'

        }

The first three values are filled in correctly, but $OUTPUT$ doesn't
 seem to be getting any value.  The w/u/c/r reports I'm getting
 via email don't display any value where the $OUTPUT$ value should
 be.

- Justin Kulikowski

     [ http://www.jpk236.com ]