[Nagiosplug-help] How must I define this in checkcommands.cfg and services.cfg?

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Wed Aug 3 06:59:20 CEST 2005

Curt,

I knew that the purpose of the echo trick was not to get sudden
OK statii of my checks,
but to aid in debugging.

And that's what it did indeed.
Your hint was extremly valuable as it helped me detecting my
malconfiguration and cleaning things up.

Now I'm happy since my VCS checks all work as I had hoped for.

The echoed check_nrpe invocation line in the status field of the
services' detailed report
led me to change my check command definition now to this

define command {
    command_name        check-nemesis-sg-online
    command_line        $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c
check_vcs_sg\!$HOSTNAME$\!nemesis
}

This now looks so rediculously simple that I really ask myself
how I could have been so terribly mistaken.

I really hope the list moderators have enabled your account by
now

Ralph

But
> unfortunately it is not helping in my problem ;( If you ever
> come across
> info on how to have 1 box running NRPE on the network to
> "proxy" the checks
> for the other devices, please let me know!
>

> Good Luck
>
> Curt

check_vcs_sg

> Well, from this output I can clearly see that the macros $ARG2$
> and $ARG3$ either didn't get defined or not passed to
check_nrpe.