[Nagiosplug-help] Nagios plugin help: check_disk_remote, no output returned from plugin

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Wed Aug 24 16:56:05 CEST 2005

Hi Jason,

jason.boucher at musee-orsay.fr wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to set up the use of a nagios plugin check_disk_remote, found on
> nagios-exchange
> (http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Solaris.50.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=253).
> I've set up the services.cfg as follow:
> define service {
>         use                                     generic-service
>         name                                    check_disk_sun
>         register                                0
>         service_description               check disk space
>         is_volatile                       0
>         check_period                      24x7
>         notification_period               24x7
>         check_command                     check_disk_remote
> }
>
> and:
> define service {
>         use                             check_disk_sun
>         host_name                       imp-gip
>         }
>
> In the checkcommands.cfg, i have this:
>
> define command{
>         command_name    check_disk_remote
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_disk_remote -H $HOSTNAME$ -e ssh -w
> 90 -c 95
>         }
>
> Well, I think i gave everything.
>
> If I issue the check_disk_remote in command line, everything is ok, but
> under nagios, i get "No output returned from plugin".

Please post your host definition for 'imp-gip' - I can't see anything
wrong with the above configuration, although I have not used that
check_disk_remote plugin. There may be a problem in your host
configuration file.

Also check your $USER1$ macro points to the correct location of
check_disk_remote.

--
Greg Vickers
Project Manager, IT Security