[Nagiosplug-help] snmp_check

steding at animedia.de steding at animedia.de
Thu Dec 8 08:25:01 CET 2005

Hi,

i use nagios version 2.04b and its still working fine. Thanks to all developer !
But one small problem left.
I monitor several win and linux servers with check_snmp v 1.57. This works fine.
But when i try to check our WLAN D-Link Accesspoint by check_snmp i get an
message in nagios like this: SNMP problem - No data received from host.

When i use check_snmp by hand its working:
./check_snmp -P 1 -H XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -o sysUpTime.0 -C public
and the result is
SNMP OK - Timeticks: (813005800) 94 days, 2:20:58.00 |
SNMPv2-MIB::sysUpTime.0=Timeticks: (813005800) 94 days, 2:20:58.00;;;;

service.cfg
define service{
        host_name                       alpha
        service_description             System-Uptime
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_snmp!alpha!sysUpTime.0!public

checkcommand.cfg
# 'check_snmp' command definition
define command  {
        command_name    check_snmp
        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp -H $ARG1$ -o $ARG2$ -C $ARG3$
}

I can´t find any misconfig or things like this.
What might be the problem?

best regards

jan