[Nagiosplug-help] RE: check_traffic

Justin Nelson justin_nelson at nwrdc.com
Tue Dec 20 06:39:23 CET 2005

When I run check_traffic -H sw_rm_139 -i 49 -b 104857600 -r
FastEthernet048 -w 75% -c 85% it tells me Unknown Host (obvious as the
switch does not have a FQDN.). I have copied the RRD file,
sw_rm_139_FastEthernet.rrd to host_ip_address_FastEthernet048.rrd and
re-run the check_traffic command as:

 check_traffic -H host_ip_address -i 49 -b 104857600 -r FastEthernet048
-w 75% -c 85%

and it runs fine as user Nagios. I receive the following results:

Total RX Bytes: 1638.01 MB, Total TX Bytes: 1389.84 MB<br>Average
Traffic: 21.81 kB/s (0.0%) in, 4.99 kB/s (0.0%) out

However, I still receive the following:

Any other thoughts as to what may be causing this?

Thanks,

--Justin