[Nagiosplug-help] Announcing Nagios Plugins 1.4

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Thu Feb 3 17:55:06 CET 2005

Apologies for the cross posting.

This is just to announce that we have hit the 1.4 release for the
Nagios Plugins. We look forward to all your reactions to this major
release.

Taken from http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=442820

---

The Nagios Plugins team is proud to announce that Nagios Plugins 1.4 is
released.

Nagios (http://nagios.org) is the leading open source monitoring
system, created by Ethan Galstad. But for Nagios to monitor
effectively, it requires the Nagios Plugins - we provide all the
intelligence to work out exactly what is the status of your server or
network so that you will know the availability and performance of your
services before anyone else.

In addition to all the standard server checks, like load, swap and
disk, the plugins also checks webservers, databases (Oracle, Mysql,
Postgres), DNS, mail servers, Netware and Citrix amongst many others.

This release includes major enhancements. With the growth of internet
enabled devices, the IPv4 addressing range will be used up soon. Jeremy
T Bouse has integrated IPv6 support into our networking utilities, so
you can now monitor your next generation network.

Karl DeBisschop has incorporated GNU df into our disk checks, so we are
leveraging the great work done by the GNU coreutils team. Karl has also
added internationalisation support to most of our plugins. French and
German translations, provided by Benoit Mortier and Michael Wirtgen,
are delivered as standard now and the framework is available for more
languages in future.

Most plugins now provide performance data for graphing by external
applications, like PerfParse (http://www.perfparse.org), so you can see
how well your services are working.

The team has done a great job in fixing bugs and incorporating lots of
requests from our users. This includes efforts from Stanley Hopcroft
and Subhendu Ghosh, as well as our newest recruits, Matthew Kent and
Harper Mann.

And thanks must go to our community who have actively provided lots of
patches and bug reports, as well as new plugins, of which check_icmp
and check_dhcp are now included by default.

Download release 1.4 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/nagiosplug/
and let us know how well it works for you.

---