[Nagiosplug-help] Nagios SNMP help for CPU utilization

Mohanty, Amitabh (Corporate, consultant) amitabh.mohanty at corporate.ge.com
Tue Feb 15 06:19:00 CET 2005

Thanks Patrick for all your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Proy [mailto:nagios-user at proy.org]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 6:59 PM
To: Mohanty, Amitabh (Corporate, consultant);
nagiosplug-help at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Nagiosplug-help] Nagios SNMP help for CPU utilization

Hi,

No, because you are calculating a percentage, not the cpu speed...

The sum off all the differences ((A2-A1)+(B2-B1)+(C2-C1)+(D2-D1) ) if equal
to N.
N is the number of ticks the CPU (including idle) has done in the time
interval between which you took the values.

So : (D2-D1)/N is the fraction part of the cpu used during this time
interval, and 100*(D2-D1)/N is in percentage.

No need to divide by time anywhere.

Patrick