[Nagiosplug-help] Nagios TIMEOUT

kurtmc at netzero.com kurtmc at netzero.com
Sun Feb 27 07:39:06 CET 2005

Hello list,

I wrote a little nagios plug-in using Perl that communicates across a network.  So as a nice programmer I added the TIMEOUT:

use utils qw($TIMEOUT);
$TIMEOUT = 60;
alarm($TIMEOUT);

Every once in a while, the TIMEOUT will take affect and nagios will report:

State: CRITICAL
(Service Check Timed Out)

My question is, instead of Nagios sending out a CRITICAL state for a TIMEOUT, is there any way for Nagios to send out a WARNING state just for THIS script?  If a TIMEOUT occurs on other scripts, I want the state to be CRITICAL.  So is there something I can add to my Perl script so that Nagios will report a WARNING instead of a CRITICAL state?

Thanks,

-Kurt

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!